Frequently Asked Questions
How does this work exactly?
Our orchestra recording service allows composers to get their music recorded by a professional, full symphony orchestra at an affordable rate.
By sharing a full studio session with other composers, you have the option to book and pay for only the time you need.
Do I have to attend the recording session?
No, this is a remote recording service.
You can be anywhere in the world and get your music recorded by a professional full symphony orchestra.
What do I have to provide for the orchestra to play my music?
You'll need to provide the following:
Midi Mock-Up of the piece (Not essential, but preferable)
The instrumentations & sections you require
Any other special instructions
Which instruments comprise the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra?
The Cape Town Philharmonic is a full-time professional orchestra whose level of musicianship is comparable to those found in any major international city.
The permanent body of musicians comprise:
4 French Horns
1 Bass Trombone
Timpani plus Percussion
Tutti Strings (Violins I, Violins II, Violas, Cellos, Double Basses).
The Woodwind players naturally double so the following auxilliary instruments are also available:
Cor Anglais (English Horn)
The orchestra can be further enhanced, from Harp to just about anything orchestral composers' scores may call for, but this will come with an additional cost.
What are the score requirements?
Please ensure that your submission conforms to the following minimum standards:
• All scores and parts to be submitted as PDFs
• All instruments to be on individual parts – so, for example Flute 1 and Flute 2 must have separate parts and NOT share a single part.
• All scores must be extremely legible and of sufficient size when printed that the conductor can read with ease. The scores will be printed at A3 size and the parts at A4 size.
• As per the ease of reading instruction the individual orchestra parts must also be easy on the eye with no awkward page turns.
• If appropriate you may submit a tempo track in 48k/24 WAV file with a 4-bar count-in.
• And finally, preferably a copy of the mock-up so we can hear the full track as you envision it.